Wednesday 23 March 2016

47. The roof liner and the carpet

Lets go on at the inside of the car. The A-pillar and the roof liner will be the next part of the interior after all the noise isolation.

The A-pillar and the roof around the door are not filled , so I decided to fill them with 2K foam to make it easier get a smooth, flat surface on the inner side.
It was a mess - like always when working with foam - but it is not a exact to do task.


Its like making a sculpture - you how to do that ?

To make a lion sculpture, take a block of granite and cut off everything which does not look like a lion. Easy...

So, I startet to cut off...

As you see on the color, I need to add that beloved 2K foam for a second time.

But then it was ready to glue the foam lining and the fabric - I used Alcantara, as rest from the dash - on.

Now the foam liner for the roof.




















 Here a friend helped me:
- he lend me his old spray gun with a 2.5mm jet at 6bar to spray the Patex
- he has done this some times before and he told me what where to push - pull - hit - ....
















The result was OK
and after spraying 1 and a half can of Patex we both had a big smile in our face... ;-)

Going on with the carpet.
I used a very flexible on. It is a thick, thight velour which you can stretch in every direction.
I bought about 6 m2 not to run out of carpet at the last piece.

It was much easier that the roof.
Spray both sides with glue, let it dry, then press it in the correct position and cut off the rest.


On the rear deck I had to think a little how to do it in the way, that I can remove the roll over bar afterwards.
The idea, how to cover the boot hinges needed three beers...
...and yes, the roll over bar has still to be painted - but I can easily remove it.

Next job will be to refresh the leather...






No comments:

Post a Comment