Sunday 17 July 2016

54. Adjust the Mantula for road use

After got the license, I was able to do similar test drives to check everything in detail. The TÜV only checks the security and the correctness of all mounted parts...

Adjustment of toe, chamber and caster was needd...

In the garage from Mario Minichberger, a professional race engine builder, we set up the axle geometry to "rear-wheel-driven" standards. Try and error with a lot of km to drive is the rule here...

At home I verrified the measurements with my own adjustment setup, which is not sooo accurat than a  professional one.

At the moment I try the following setup at the front axle:
- Toe                Toe in 0° 20"
- Chamber        - 1° at each side
- Caster            +4.5°

On the rear axle the setup minimal, I had to live with toe out 0° 30". Not the best, but lets see...

The engine got a Lambda sensor in the exaust.
See the mirror above the exaust. I had to use it to TIG weld in the nut. It was not a easy deal... but now I am able to mount a wide band Lambda sensor to check the carburator setting.

For all the other important measures I bought a logger from www.14point7.com
The iDash has a lot of inputs and is able to send the data by WLAN to a notebook or mobile phone. Hitech.

It looks a little bit chaotic, but now I am able to check my engine as well.
I will log:
EGT on cylinder 1
EGT on cylinder 4
Throttle position for both butterfly valves of the Holley
RPM from the ignition coil
Different temperatures in the engine bay

I want to ad oil temperature and oil pressure, but at the moment I am missing the correct sensors.


This tasks will take some weeks / months and the result will define my next steps...








No comments:

Post a Comment