Saturday 20 December 2014

31. Noise isolation

I have started to add a noise isolation to the interior. I bought 3 roles of Alubutyl at Amazon. Each is 40cm x 2m and has 2 square meter. This will be enough for the interior, the doors and a part of the roof.
It is self adhensive and you can drape it much better, if you heat it up a little bit with a hot air blower.
It took me 4 evenigs to finish the interior - the doors and the roof excluded.
Looks a bit like Space Shuttle...

The Alubutly mate from Reckhorn is absolutly not smelling - even it you heat it up. The alu layer is really thick and it sticks very good on the clean GRP.

You notice a reduction of high tones, if you knock on the GRP. If sounds more dull.

The piece, which is laying over the gearbox will be sticked to the part which covers this area. I know, that the gearbox creates heavy noise.
On time I drove without the rubber gaiter of the gear stick and I thought my gearbox will explode ! but it is normal...

Maybe I do not cover the roof - instead I stick the rest of the mate I have to all the corners of the body, where the wind will create noise... dont know yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment