Tuesday 14 October 2014

26. Water cooling system

I got nearly all the parts I need to fit the radiator, the hoses and tubes for the water cooling system.

I used the inner diameter of 38mm for all hoses. These are silikon ones with a 3 layers of textile inside. They are bought from http://www.turbozentrum.de.
The blue joint next to the lower outlet of the radiator has a thread inside to fit a temperature switch. I decided to place the switch next to to lower outlet of the radiator, cause if the water comes out and it is too hot, the radiator needs some support from the two Kenlow fans. If the switch is next to the upper inlet port the fan will start always after the engine has warmed up - not what I want.

By the way - see the classic fuel pipe...
Blue is not my favorite color - will be removed...
You see, that the two hoses in the upper pic do not match together cause one alu joint is still  missing.

I removed the tube under the inlet manifold and the rear hose on the manifold, which normaly connects the heater, completly. I do not need a heater. The ports will be closed with caps from Twinfox.

The new way to fit the hoses is much more easy than it was realized when I bought the car. the temperature sensor for the fans is now mounted much more secure.


No comments:

Post a Comment