Sunday 6 April 2014

14. Shopping Tour

If you are at home alone, too late to go to the garage, what will you do ?
Get all your new, shiny bits and pieces and place them on the living room table for a picture !

I was on shopping tour - the first one, I think.
Here is the result:
I have to exchange the copper break lines with "Kunifer" lines (Copper+Nickel+Ferric = German TÜV), the old steel bits will be exchanged with brass ones.

Heat protection for the body. It is glass texture with aluminium coating.

A universal joint and a rod end for the pedal adjust.

Some bits from Rimmers - mostly seals for the trunnions.

Rod ends for the suspension and the front from MacGills.

Break master cylinder for front and clutch from Timms (Wilwood).

Some fittings for cables and screws from Timms.

A shaft for the clutch master cylinder and a T-distribution block for the rear axle. I want to have a bleeder screw at each side.

Should I or should I not buy them. I was a hard fight with me. Here they are from Timms (SuperPro).

This is Alubutyl, a self adhesive, flexible acoustic isolation with a thin  aluminium layer. Its for inside the body to keep out noise - expect the engine sound !

The upper front wishbones from Spydercars. None coated.

Automatic rolls for the harness. From Schroth with German TÜV.

The harness. 3 point from Schroth in black.

What is missing:
The left hand steering gear. It is new as well, but no more clean and shiny.

All the "not new parts" will be cleaned and prepared for galvanic plating or painting.


I use a ultrasonic cleaner for removing smear and dirt.
It look a little bit strange - it is a DIY ultrasonic cleaner build with parts from a dental lab.
A Weber DCOE demounted will fit.











I got a sandblasting box lend from a friend. A pack of glass pearls 200-300µm will arrive next week.
Actually there are quartz sand inside the box - but this seems to be really health damaging.

My air compressor is a little bit to small. With a 5mm nozzle, it reaches only 5bar.

After the first tests I have to improve the dust suction. My vacuum cleaner is too powerfull, and with no suction you can´t see what you want to clean.



A lot of challenges...


A non Marcos Saturday
At a sunny Saturday we rent a small track in Burgau to test the improvements done over the winter:

Have a look to the most impressive car, the Scirocco from Hans Paulitsch.
He does a test of his new lauch control and the hydraulic ! switching of the gears:





No comments:

Post a Comment